Monday, January 26, 2009

Official Resident

I am now an official resident of Russia: I had a drunk guy try and get into my apartment in the wee hours of the morning.

I woke up at 4:00 AM this morning to a buzzing. At first I thought it was my phone (which is also my alarm clock). Then I realized it wasn't my alarm, so I checked to see if I missed any calls. Nope. Then I realized it was the doorbell buzzer. 4:00 AM? I figured it was just a drunk guy, but I figured I'd better go and check, just in case. I looked through the peephole and I saw... a drunk guy leaning on my door buzzer. Fortunately, he was just mumbling to himself and ringing the doorbell and not pounding on the door and screaming. He did try the doorhandle a few times, but it was more of  a confused attempt than an aggressive attempt, so that was nice. I watched out the peephole as he grabbed his bag (of bottles, it sounded like) and headed downstairs, came back upstairs, paused to look at the number of my apartment, continued on upstairs, came back down, and proceeded to lean on my door buzzer again. After a few minutes he got frustrated, grabbed his bag, went downstairs and left the building. At this point, I was wondering if it was bettter to just stay up until school or go back to sleep for an hour or so. I ended up going to sleep for an hour or so.

No comments: