Friday, October 17, 2008

"An' the footba' has now robbed him o' the wee good sense he had."

Last weekend I had a great time playing soccer here. There is this group of guys who get together every weekend and play a match. They are all pretty good friends and funny guys (even though I can't understand most of what they are saying, it's still hilarious). For example, one of the guys goes by the name "Seryoga" and so they bought him a jersey and had Seryoga Ramos printed on the back (this is a pun off of the name of a Spanish soccer player, SERGIO Ramos). The best part is that one guy always writes a match report, keeps stats, and gives every player a rating for the day. It's quite organized for just a group of friends in their early 20's who get together for a kick-a-bout. My review for this match praised my technique and my ability to find extraordinary solutions for every situation, but deplored my timidity in defense. Here are some pics of me chipping the keeper and somebody explaining to me why I shouldn't be the one to mark Pavel on corner kicks:




4 comments:

Kelly said...

Ain't that the truth, you are very talented in finding extraordinary solutions for every situation.

I'm glad that you have found some soccer fellowship with the heathens.

UcheSarah said...

us Slagles are not known for our height....

Austen said...

I didn't know they did fun stuff in Russia. ;)
-Austen

zach harrison said...

I just became thoroughly caught up in your life by reading a shits loads of a posts. I want to play soccer with you. Also i am glad you got to see your old friends (that has to do with another entry if you don't get it). Well I could just go on and on and on but I won't. love/miss you