Monday, October 6, 2008

"Renior! Renior!"

The Hermitage was free again last Thursday so I went and checked out the collection of French paintings there. I wandered through the different rooms and I really enjoyed the French impressionists. Here are some paintings that caught my eye (Kudos if you know who I'm quoting in the title).

Camille Pissarro: "A Fair in Dieppe, Sunny Morning"

Francios Flameng: "Reception at Compeigne in 1810"


Claude Monet: "Waterloo Bridge. Effect of Fog"


Kees Van Dongen: "Lady in a Black Hat"

 

 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Niiice. I wish I could attend thursday museum day. I did get to go to the Turtle Bay for free last week for National Museum day. yep, they had gecko's, a lot cooler than those cheap paintings.

Renior is a family fav.

zach harrison said...

No kudos to me because I don't know that quote. I entered it into my google search bar, which resulted in me looking at Renoir's paintings. You should check out the one that is titled "Bust of a woman." You might be pleasantly surprised. I like the foggy Monet painting that you posted. I think it is quite impressive that he could paint fog that you feel like you can see through. I would have liked to watch him paint it. Now do you think I'm deep?