Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Mac is Back! (different Mac)

During the "greet your neighbor" time at church on Sunday I met an interesting guy. 

(in Russian)
"Hello. I'm Joel."
"Hello. Nice to meet you, I'm Robert. Where are you from."
"I'm from California."
"Oh, that's close to Ukraine, right? Khakha" [the Russians don't have an "h" sound]
"Yep. And you, Robert? Where are you from?"

(in English)
"From St. Petersburg. I was born here."
"Really? You are the only Russian I know with the name 'Robert.'
"Yes, well, it's an interesting story. I was born in '63. My parents named me after Robert McNamara."      [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_mcnamara]
"Haha [we were speaking English at this point, so I use the "h"], really? As a protest?"
"Yes, I think something like that."

Pt. II
I've got this cold and I can't talk without sneezing. It gets awkward.

Pt. III
Many have asked if I called the girl that belongs to the number given to me last week. Let me just answer with a quote from Jack White/Dwight Yoakam: "Well, I get lonely, but I ain't that lonely yet."

2 comments:

noah! said...

i don't believe any of this.

zach harrison said...

I think I'm missing something. Did you tell him that California is by the Ukraine? Have you become a liar?