Friday, March 26, 2010

Typical...

Today I decided to go get a shaverma/shuarma for dinner (think a Muslim burrito). There's a little cluster of kiosks a few minutes walk from my apartment. I didn't have any cash, so I needed to stop by an ATM, Russia being a cash only culture. Fortunately, there happens to be one on the way to the kiosks.

So, off I went to go get cash and get dinner. I told my roommate I'd be back in five minutes. The ATM on the way? Not operational for whatever reason. Most ATM's here are non-operational every other day it seems like. Ok, so I just had to walk a little farther to find one that worked. No big deal. Went and got cash and walked over to the market area where the kiosks are and discovered the whole market was closed and everything was boarded up. As a way of explanation there was a sign: "CLOSED." 0 for 2. It probably got shut down by the police for a.) too many illegal immigrants working there; b.) too many nefarious characters about doing nefarious deeds; c.) health code violations; d.) all of the above.

I ended up just going grocery shopping and coming home to cook after about an hour.

4 comments:

kendall said...

HA THAT WAS SO AWESOME I <3 U BYEEEEEE!!????!!

kendall said...

h3y dude or girl whateva that waz kool hahahahaha

Md. Abu Zafor Fagun Ahmad said...

i have a blog and it's address http://www.tfortechnic.blogspot.com and i also have a website it's address is http://www.amartunes.yolasite.com
please visit

noah! said...

i'm going to name my band 'muslim burrito.