Monday, September 14, 2009

Another Reason Why I Love My School

Me talking to my boss today: Hey, Tammy, was I supposed to go to Budapest next week?
My boss, Tammy: Oh yeah, I need to talk to you about that. Here's your schedule. I'll get you your tickets tomorrow.

Turns out I'm chaperoning our participants in an ACSI student leadership conference in Hungary. Now, I know what some of you are thinking: Joel, you would be my LAST choice to chaperone students on an international trip on planes, trains, and automobiles. And you are right. I was last choice. But I'm also the only choice (way to go multiple-entry Russian work visa!). My job of chaperoning is going to be cake, as I'm chaperoning the three best kids in the school. These kids speak multiple languages and play multiple instruments; one was last year's basketball team's leading scorer and another scored the highest possible score one can get on the ACT (I know this because I am the school's ACT supervisor). Oh yeah, and I get to take a week off of school to go relax and hang out in an EU country.

4 comments:

zach harrison said...

enjoy your trip! Have you been to Budapest before? I hear it is lovely this time of year.

UcheSarah said...

Hey, I had Pizza Hut in Budapest, and I had Pizza Hut in Manila yesterday. I am a faithful customer.

Christian said...

ill meet you in Budapest!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. Have fun!

Deanna