Sunday, July 26, 2009

Planes, Trains, and Ladas

My grand project of this last week was to create a Wes Anderson soundtrack. I thought I'd share it with y'all. In place of Mark Mothersbaugh instrumentals, I followed Anderson's lead and replaced them with some local flavor (for Anderson it was India in Darjeeling Limited; for me it was Soviet folk-pop, hence, the title Planes, Trains, and Ladas).

1. "Straight to Hell" - The Clash
2. "Bumazhny Soldat" - Bulat Okudzhava
3. "Ballrooms of Mars" - T.Rex
4. "Six O'Clock" - Ringo Starr
5. "Nu vot, Ischezla drozh' v Rukakh" - Vladimir Vysotsky
6. "Cry Baby Cry" - The Beatles
7. "I Am the Cosmos" - Chris Bell
8. "Who Loves the Sun" - Velvet Underground
9. "Akh, Nadya, Nadenka" - Bulat Okudzhava
10. "Solitude" - Billie Holiday
11. "So Long, Marianne" - Leonard Cohen
12. "Moonlight Mile" - The Rolling Stones
13. "Sidonie" - Brigitte Bardot
14. "Open House" - Lou Reed & John Cale
15. "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" - The Ramones
16. "Polnochny Trolleybus" - Bulat Okudzhava
17. "A Long Way from Home" - The Kinks
18. "Moskva-Odessa" - Vladimir Vysotsky
19. "4th Time Around" - Bob Dylan
20. "Don't Let Me Wait Too Long" - George Harrison
21. "If I'm on the Late Side" - The Faces

There you go, you have the music, so now you (or Wes Anderson) provide the storyline.

1 comment:

noah! said...

i can't even listen to them. thanks for nothing!