Sunday, September 28, 2008

Every day is like Sunday...




Sunday, Sunday, Sunday. Sundays are great. The church I go to has its service at 6 PM because of remodeling, so I get incredibly lazy on Sundays. I wake up, have a long breakfast and go and do my shopping for the week because all the Russians are still sleeping around noon, so there aren't any lines at the supermarket.

One of the things that I really enjoy here in St. Petersburg is the graffiti. For some reason, I get a huge kick out of it. Maybe I'll take it up as a hobby in the future... Right now, I just enjoy taking photographs of some of the more interesting ones. Here is a nice one:
This is pronounced "skuchayu" and means "I miss you." It's comforting to know that the graffiti artists in my neighborhood are also sentimental.

Here's another photo showing the poor spelling of some NBA fans here in St. Pete:



Also, if you've seen my facebook profile you've seen my collection of photographs of my favorite graffiti artist from my neighborhood, "Animal":


3 comments:

noah! said...

nice of montreal reference. is that graffiti gang-related? if so, you should see if you can join.

pedronegro said...

apparently in Russia or the US bad graffiti is still bad graffiti one more thing to add to my ongoing universal cultural list. Thanks for the story I enjoyed it very much.

Kelly said...

oh, i'm sorry to hear about your distaste with tye dye. I guess we'll just ditch the shirt we made for you,
"welcome home joel!"

it's very difficult to write a sentence with just dye and some rubber bands.